It is important that EE students are aware of these electronics video clips.
These video clips cover important details that can avoid electronic design mistakes.
Electronic design mistakes could cost companies money, which could lead to fewer jobs.
EE students, when they graduate, should know these important details. They are easy to understand – if the EE students are aware of them.
Good examples that are not common knowledge include:
- Ground Planes, Voltage Planes, and Multi-Layer PCBs
- Necessary for almost all products (especially for small size products).
- Necessary for EMC.
- Common Mode Chokes
- Necessary for EMC in some cases.
- PCB Dendrite Growth
- Product works initially, then can fail after the customer uses the product for a few months.
- Tantalum Capacitor voltage needs to be overrated by a factor of three
- An underrated Tantalum capacitor resulted in a fire at a manufacturing site for an IBM computer control panel.
- Counterfeit Components
- Product works initially, then can fail after the customer uses the product.
- Product can fail over temperature changes.
There are other types of electronic video clips. For example, 2.8 Electronic Cascade Filters describes how crunching numbers is ok, but SPICE models speed the design process. This is important in a competitive market.
All of the video clips contain important information.